This guide explains how to download and install Sage Payroll v26.0 for tax year 2023.
Follow these steps to install the latest Sage Payroll update, which contains both v25.3 for 2022 and v26.0 for 2023. Let's install it now.
Before you install
To prepare, we recommend you complete these steps:
- Run through the quick checks in our Prepare to install your Sage Payroll update guide, to ensure your installation runs smoothly.
- Open Sage Payroll 2022 and log into your Payroll.
- Click Help then click System Information.
- Confirm your version number is v25.0 or higher.
- Make a note of the Program Directory and Data Directory.
- Back up your data.
Download and install
Now you're ready to download the software.
TIP: Installing on a network? You need to follow our handy guide to Download and install the latest version of Sage Payroll on a network.
- Close Sage Payroll 2022.
- Download Sage Payroll update >
- Locate the file that downloads, right-click SagePayroll_V25.3.exe, and click Run as administrator.
- Select the I accept the terms of the licence check box, then click Next.
- Select This Computer, then click Next.
- Select Custom, then click Next.
- Check the program and data directories are the same as you noted earlier. If not, click Browse, enter the correct directories, then click OK.
- Click Next, then select the Add shortcuts to my desktop check box.
- Click Install, then click Finish.
Congratulations! You've now installed the latest Sage Payroll update!
Find out What's new in Sage Payroll v26.0.
Find help with the year end and how to start processing in the new 2023 tax year, on our Payroll year end Hub.