The payment could be for general expenses or a cash purchase where you did no receive an invoice.
- Use this for money you've paid out that's not being used to pay a purchase invoice
- You can't use an Other payment to pay a purchase invoice at a later date
- Only use this for a supplier when the supplier is not going to send you an invoice, for example you paid cash to a supplier
Enter an other payment
- From Banking, select the correct bank account.
- Select New Entry, then Purchase/Payment.
- Select the Other Payment tab. Enter the bank account, payment method, date and amount of the payment.
- Enter a supplier and a reference if needed.
- Enter the remaining details:
Change to a different ledger account if required. This is used to categorise what the money is for
Choose the correct VAT Rate for each item. The VAT calculates from the VAT rate you select
The Total defaults to the value you entered in Amount Received. If required, you can change this
If you have bought several items, enter these on separate lines:
The total for all lines must match the amount in Amount Received before you can save
If you only know the gross value of a single item, tab to the Total and enter the gross amount. Tab again or press Enter. We update the Net and VAT amounts for you
If you enter more than one line, it shows on the bank account as a single payment. It shows as individual amounts on the ledger accounts
- Select Save, or to add another payment, select Add Another from the Save drop-down list and repeat the process if required.
If you need to make this payment as a recurring payment, just open the payment once saved and choose the option Make recurring. Read about recurring bank entries.