To save time before creating your items, you might want to enter default settings and preferences.
Default settings include price names, ledger accounts, product weights and service rates.
- From Settings, then Business Settings, select Record and Transactions Settings.
- Scroll down to Product & Services.
Products & Services settings explained
Use the default price names or create your own. Make product prices active or inactive
Default Product Ledger Accounts
- Sales Account - Select the default nominal ledger account for selling products
- Purchases Account - Select the default nominal ledger account for purchasing products
Default Stock Ledger Accounts
Purchases Account - Select the default nominal ledger account for purchasing stock.
- Default Unit of Measure - Select Metric, Imperial (UK) or Imperial (US)
- Default Measurement - Select Kilogram, Gram or Tonne
Use the default rate name or create your own. Make rates active or inactive. You can override this in the individual product and service records if you need to.
Default Service Ledger Accounts
- Sales Account - Select the default nominal ledger account for services
- Sort order for Product/Service menus - Sort the order of items displayed by either the Description or Item Code