Keep track of how much you owe your suppliers with purchase invoices, which are a record of these transactions.
TIP: You can use Purchase Automation to easily create purchase invoices from uploaded documents or image files. Read more about Purchase Automation.
- Go to Purchases and select New Invoice. Enter the supplier details, the date the invoice was created and it's due for payment.
- To record the purchase of a specific product or service, in the Product/Service box, type the name of the item then choose the required item - The information for the chosen product or service appears on the next available invoice line. If necessary, you can change this information.
- If the item has multiple prices or rates, click the Unit Price column, and choose the rate you want to use. If you need to create a new record, click Create item then enter details.
- If you haven't set up products and services, just enter a Description, followed by the remaining details.
- Add more items on new lines if necessary.
- Select Save.
NOTE: When entering a purchase invoice, you may need to create supplier details. This will allow you to input VAT rate details on the purchase invoice.
If you're not using products and services, consider using the Quick Entries option to enter purchases for one or more suppliers at the same time. If you just need to enter your transaction values, they could be the perfect way for you to record your purchases.
TIP: Quick entries are great for speeding up your processing but you can't use them for the following:
- Recording product information
- Printing invoices
- Recording foreign currency transactions
If the supplier has offered you a discount, for prompt payment for example then you can record this alongside allocating your payment:
- Select the Edit icon next to the Outstanding amount.
- Enter the amount to pay less the discount and choose Apply.
- Select the Edit icon next to the Discount amount.
- Enter the amount of the discount and choose Apply.