Each record has a summary of the customer's balance and a list of all transactions on the Activity tab.
Select a contact from the Contacts page to open their record and work with these tabs. Read our Manage contacts list article, for more information.
Summary detailsThe top of the page is a summary of the key information about customer's account. This shows you details about the total sales and the main contact details. It also shows whether the customer is Active or Inactive.
The number of transactions that make up each total shows in brackets.
To work out the sales value, we add up all sales transactions and then deduct the total value of credit transactions.
Sales transactions are
- Sales invoices and quick entry invoices
- Cash sales recorded as an Other Receipt
Credit transactions are
- Credit notes and quick entry credit notes
- Cash refunds recorded as an Other Payment
How we calculate the summary values
Total value of all outstanding sales transactions less outstanding credit transactions. This is all unpaid sales invoices, less
- Unallocated payments. These are payments on account that are not yet matched to invoices
- Unallocated credit notes. These are credit notes that are not yet matched to sales invoices
Total value of unpaid sales invoices passed their due date less any outstanding credit notes.
Sales to Date
Total value of sales for this customer up to today's date.
Sales this year
Total value of sales for this customer for this financial year.
Total value of sales divided by the number of sales transactions.
Track invoices, credit notes, and payments
Use the Activity tab to find details of sales invoices, credit notes and payments for each customer.
Just double-click on a row to open the transaction. Depending on its status, you can edit, print, or delete it. If it's an invoice you can pay it from here.
Change the dates at the top of the list to find older transactions. This defaults to the last calendar month.
- Use the Type drop-down list to find transactions by type, such as sales invoices only or receipts only
- Change the Status drop-down to find outstanding (unpaid) transactions only
- Select a column heading to sort in alphabetical or numerical order
Tips for finding transactions
- Sort the list using the column headings
- Use the search to find a transaction by reference
Print or export a list of transactions
Use the checkboxes to select the transactions. Use the check box in the column header to select all.
Choose to Print or export to CSV using the icons on the toolbar.