Save time and set up defaults for your email messages for documents you email from Accounting Start, such as invoices and credit notes.
- Instead of entering the email message every time you email a document, set up a default message for each type of document
- Change the address that replies are sent to
- Choose to always attach the document as PDF
When you email documents they are sent from [email protected]
If someone replies to this email, it's automatically sent to the email address registered on your account.
If you want the replies to go to a different email address, change it here. You might have a generic sales email address or something similar. When you update your 'reply' email address, this also updates the email address that is shown on the invoices you create.
- From Settings, then Business Settings, select Document Emails.
- In the Email Reply Address section, select Change. This shows the email address we're currently using for replies.
- Add the email address you want to use and click Continue.
- Check your inbox for an email with a verification code. Enter the code and choose Verify.
- If it's the wrong email address, just choose Reset to start again.
Send documents from your own email account
You can't change the no-reply address; [email protected]
To send from your own email account instead:
- Export the invoice to PDF and save the file locally to your PC or mobile device
- Attach your file to an email to send from your email account
- From Settings, then Business Settings, choose Document Emails.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select the document type from the left panel.
- Enter the message. The character count will show how much you can write.
- Click Save.
You can also update the message when you send individual documents.
If you want to receive a copy of the emails you send out, just choose Yes Always send a copy to .... This just sets this option by default when sending emails.
If you usually want to attach your documents to the email as a PDF, choose Yes - Always attach the document as a PDF. This just sets this option by default when sending emails.
All documents are sent as a link that opens in a browser.