About AttachmentsAttachments are a great way to keep track of any documents you have for a sale, purchase or journal. For example, add sales literature such as a PDF brochure, or product images to sales documents or supplier invoices, or add other supporting documents such as pictures of receipts to expenses.
- Use the following types of file: PDF, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG
- The maximum file size is 2.5MB. You can add more than one file to each document
- Create a new transaction.
Select the Attachment button.
Select Upload files, browse to where you saved your file, and then click Open.
You can also drag and drop attachments into the transaction.
To email the attachment to your customer along with the sales invoice or credit note, choose Visible to customer (the blue tick means visible). :
Select Save & Email. This opens an email window and allows you to change or add people to send to.
Your customers can see the attachments when they choose View embedded in the email. The file is not attached to the email message directly.
- To add another attachment, select Upload files again and repeat step 3.
To remove an attachment, select the delete button, then select Delete.
For recurring sales invoices, attachments added when creating a new recurring invoice are just for internal use and nor added to the sales invoices created from the template or sent to your customers.
To send attachments, edit the invoice that's created from the template and then add the attachment.
View an attachment
- Browse to the relevant transaction (sales or purchase invoice, journal etc.) and select it.
- Select the Attachment button.
- You can add and remove attachments or to view the attachment, select the file name.
From here you can zoom in and out, rotate the file and also download it.