How to enter transactions when you only know the gross amount in Sage Accounting Start.
How to enter transactions
Just enter the gross in the Total field and press Enter or Tab. We calculate the VAT and Net amounts for you.
- Enter the details including the total amount. In our example, this is £82.80.
- Enter the details of the first line, including the ledger account and description.
- Make sure the VAT rate is correct.
- Delete the Net and VAT amounts.
- Tab to the Total and enter the gross amount. Tab again or press Enter. We update the Net and VAT amounts for you.
- Repeat for all subsequent lines.
This also applies when entering a Refund for a sale or a Refund for a purchase.