Before you start
- Make sure you have a bank account set up in the Banking area of Sage Accounting.
- Check if a feed is available for you bank and account type.
- To avoid problems when connecting bank feeds, we recommend checking that the browser you're using is set up to allow cookies from other websites
Instructions for allowing cookies vary according to the internet browser software you're using. More details can be found on the following links:
The following errors or behaviour may be experienced if your device is not set up to allow cookies:
|What you might see||When or where you might see it|
|Error - We are having technical difficulties, please try again||Any time when connecting a bank feed|
|When you enter the name of your bank or credit card company in the search box a drop-down list of available bank feeds does not appear when you start typing.||When searching for bank accounts on the Connect your bank screen.|
|Error 414||When connecting to bank accounts|
Some banks will require you to log in to your bank account. Make sure you know the following:
- Online bank account credentials including the user name and password
- Your account number and sort code
- Your bank may send a code or message to your phone or email for additional security. Make sure you have access to the phone or email address registered with your bank
- For additional security, you'll have to re-enter your online bank credentials every 90 days
Check if a feed is available for your bank
We are able to set up a bank feed for most bank accounts. Most banks have specific connections for the various types of bank account, so it's important to know what type of bank account you have, for example a personal or business account.
NOTE: At the moment it's not possible to connect foreign currency bank feeds.
Read more here about which banks have bank feeds available: Banks with supported bank feeds in Sage Accounting Start
To bring in your bank transactions, you can either:
- Export transactions data from your online banking service as a digital file (CSV, QIF, or OFX) and then import your bank statement
- Enter the transactions manually
If you want to request a bank feed follow steps 1-3 in "Connect your bank feed" below. Select Tell us about it from the drop-down list when you search for your bank.
NOTE: We can't guarantee that we will definitely be able to set up the bank feed and it may take some time to be set up.
Connect your bank feed
- From Banking find the tile of the bank account you want to connect.
- Select Actions, Connect to bank.
- Enter the name of your bank or credit card company and bank account type in the search box.
- Follow the steps to authorise the connection with your bank.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Continue to log in to your bank account.
- Enter the details requested by your bank.
- For most banks you'll need to know the following information.
- Your online bank account credentials including the user name and password.
- Your account number and sort code.
- Your bank may send a code or message to your phone or email for additional security. Make sure you have access to the phone or email address registered with your bank.
- For additional security, you'll have to re-enter your online bank credentials every 90 days.
- Once you've filled in all details and have completed any additional security checks, you are returned to Sage Accounting. It should take less than 30 minutes to authorise and then set up your feed. You can continue to use Sage Accounting while you are waiting.
- If your bank supports downloading historical transactions, enter the date you want to import transactions from.