A pension link is a record containing information about a pension scheme, including the pension provider and the pension type. Every pension deduction in your payroll must be attached to a pension link. Otherwise, your pension totals submitted to Revenue will be incorrect.
Watch the video
Set up a pension link
- Open Sage Payroll and log in as the system administrator.
- Click Tables then click Pension Link.
- In the Link box, type a value to identify the pension link. This can be up to a maximum of four characters in length.
- Click Find. If the pension link:
- Already exists in your software, the relevant pension details appear automatically. You can amend this information, if necessary.
- Doesn't exist in your software, you can store the new pension link now by clicking OK.
- Complete the following information:
If you want to create a contribution file for submission to your pension provider, you must complete a number of mandatory options. These options are marked below with an Asterisk.
Description* Enter a name or brief description to help you identify the pension link. This can be up to a maximum of 30 characters in length. Reference Code* To help identify all pension files that your company submits electronically, your pension provider assigns a unique reference code to you. Enter the reference code here.
If you don't want to create a pension contribution file for submission to your pension provider, type 1234567.
Type* Depending on the type of pension scheme you want to set up, click one of the following options:
Provider* Enter the pension provider's name, postal address and email address. File Overdue Warning If you want to receive a reminder to create an outstanding pension contribution file, select this check box. File Name* Click browse , browse to where you want to save the pension contribution file, then click Save and OK.
If you don't want to create a pension contribution file for submission to your pension provider, simply ignore this option.
Issue Frequency Choose when you want to create the pension contribution file. For example, monthly. Last Issue The last date on which the pension file was sent.
- Click Save, then click Cancel.